Monday, June 9, 2008

Somebody please wish us good luck!

We've had a run of bad luck. Our power is out. It was out on Friday and most of the day Saturday. Last night it went back out and when Jimmy called Consumers...they said it will be 0ut until Wednesday at 11 p.m. Yuck. It's sooo hard entertaining and providing care for the little ones with no power.

We started school/work this morning at 6:00 a.m. That meant getting up at 4:15 by candle light and stumbling around the house for necessities. The boys went to school in PJs but had fun laughing at the flashlight shadows :)

Saturday night we were passing time outdoors fishing, playing frisbee, etc. when I decided to do some jumps on the trampoline. I guess the 15 years of ware and tare were finally too much. One last bounce and boom! I went through the tramp and landed on my knees on the ground. It made a very loud noise and took me a few minutes to catch my breath to figure out I was ok. I'm just so thankful that it didn't happen with one of the kids on the tramp.

That same night, Ryan was standing in a chair and flipped over the side onto the floor. Nope, the adventures aren't over. Sunday, Tyler fell asleep on the boat and rolled off the seat onto the floor while I waded in the water with Ryan. He barely made a peep, the sweetie. Afterward, he went for his first swim and loved splashing in the water. Ryan floated on his back in his life jacket, which he thought was really cool. Luckily, Jimmy was void of any accidents.

We ended the evening last night washing up in the lake and gathering water in the bucket so we could flush the toilet. On the way back into the house, Ryan tripped on his towel and smashed his mouth into the wooden step. His poor gums were bleeding and swolen. Thank goodness they didn't bleed long and they really healed alot over night.

Needless to say, our weekend was quite eventful! Tonight when we get home I think we will pack up and move in with Granna if she'll take us. I'll keep you posted. Say a prayer for us, I must have really messed up my yin-yang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness you've had a run of misfortunes. Not easy with no power. Hope you knees are healed & Ryans mouth & glad Tyler likes his first swim.Take care...Love to all