Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I had a very enjoyable weekend. We started the weekend Friday night preparing our boat for launching. Ryan has been very anxious and has been wearing a life jacket around the yard all week in anticipation of his first ride of the summer. Thanks to Grampa Dick and Daddy, his dream was realized on Saturday morning. He was such a good boy while watching for ducks, geese, swans, fishies, and turtles. Jim says he is a really good Captain and is always steering straight for the shore.

Saturday night, we headed for the horse track again with Grandma Ellen to celebrate Mother's Day. Ryan loves the races. For us, it's more of a race to catch up with Ryan in the crowd and to keep him out of trouble. Ryan picked one of the top three winners for every race. I guess he has good horse sense.

On Sunday, we had a barbeque with our moms and it was really nice to visit. Jim helped to make my day very special with a surprise pocket-sized digital camera and a sweet card from him and Ryan. Thanks guys. I love you.

I'll try to post some pictures of the events soon. Have a great Monday...it's supposed to be beautiful today. Good thing I don't have windows in my office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol,Jim,Ryan....thank you for that fun Mothers Day. I really enjoyed going to the races with you all specally cuddling under RYRY's blanket.....Love to you all>