Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feel my pain...Hear my delight!

For those of you who have ever gone through the dreaded potty training stages, you will understand how frustrating the endeavor can be. We patiently waited until Ryan's 3rd Bday to push the issue and with great fortune, he had success going pee pee on the potty. He has been such a champ and we have enjoyed witnessing his sprints to the potty followed by "Boy, that was a close one!" We have had a few chuckles by his enthusiastic willingness to whip it out in the front yard too. I have to admit my frustration by Ryan's constant constipation and unwillingness to poo on the pot. He does have some medical issues and has been given a prescription that helps him get loose. Very Loose.

I'm a little ashamed to admit my impatience last night after preparing a meal to a blaring television and 1 year old and countless warnings to a 3 year old to quit picking on his brother and "cooperate!". Two poopy pull ups in a row nearly did me in. I told Ryan that I was tired of smelling poopy and I was tired of changing his pants and told him he'd have to help himself. I also told him that we would be staying home until he is completely trained b/c I wasn't looking forward to poopy pants in public. At first, he testified that he wanted to stay home. That he didn't care about Chuck, Hunt Club, Baseball, Horse Tracks, Bowling, or Golfing!! Fine. A few minutes later, however, magic happened. Ryan said, "I'm ready to go to the potty."

Yeah.Yeah. HOOOORAY!

Three stories later we put our offended noses in the air and said bye bye poopy and hit the flusher. What a proud moment for everyone. I hope the magic continues....


Notice Life Today: We passed a wheat field freshly manicured with hay bales yesterday. Ryan asked me what it was. I told him they were hay bails and he says oh, you mean hay like what horsies and pigs eat. He's getting so smart and I'm not exactly sure where he learns these things. Just before bed he says "Good night Lucie!" He learns so much at daycare. I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed catching up with the Ladd family... no I haven't forgot about you, sorry I have been a stranger though! Good luck with your deck, I need to stain mine too -and I don't have two little busy bodies! Judging by the pictures I can't believe that they can be stinkers sometimes. Luckily all the "bad" times just become funny memories.
Taking the time to journal your activities is so important. I've just came to the realization that I should start... I doubt that I will start blogging!
Hope to see you all at the Petting Zoo/Picnic.
Fondly,
Cindy