Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Haven't quite found a New Year groove yet

I've been taking a little break this week from my blog. Keeping up daily last month was quite a challenge. Mostly b/c we've been couped up at home due to the dreary winter. I am so pleased with my December Daily album and it wouldn't have been possible without this handy tool of a blog.

I'm back to work this week. The kids are back to school. It was really nice to have such a great vacation, but there is alot to be said for routine. The kids are all smiles in the mornings and Tyler cannot turn his head fast enough to look for Mrs. Char to open her door and arms to him each morning. Ryan is glad to be back with his friends. He is learning the Naitonal Anthem so he can sing at the Michigan and Tiger games.

I'm crazy busy at work. I'm crazy busy working for the Village too since year end is here and tax statements due. I'm working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week and have hardly seen the family. Jimmy is taking good care of the kidlets and I am grateful for his help.

Tyler has been a little off since Christmas and we're pretty sure its teething since his cheeks are swolen and chapped. He is waking up crying 1-3 times each night. I've tried the pat the back, dash, and let him settle himself routine but the kid is really stubborn and will continue to cry until I come back. When I get too tired to pat anymore, I've been laying him down in the twin bed in his room and lay next to him. He is instantly soothed and falls asleep. I try to sneak back to my room but the squeaky floor ofen reveals my retreat. Gosh, sure hope this is a temporary phase. I don't have room in bed for 2 kids!

That's all for now.

No comments: