Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Magical Adventure!



We just got home from a 9 day Magical Adventure to Walt Disney World and had the best time. There are so many wonderful memories that I want to remember and thought I'd give a few every day while the magic sustains.
The plane ride down went without any hitches. Ahhh. Jim and I had alot of anxiety about the flight but the boys were so good. We arrived to a rainy and dismal Florida but we didn't let it get us down. We met up with some friends who coincidentally had the same plans and acted as our personal tour guides for the first 5 days of vacation. It was fun to be with them and took a whole lot of stress off of Jim and I.
After we got Ryan through a mini-meltdown because he wanted to go to the pool:) we headed to Hollywood Studios for some roller coaster action and 3D Movie fun. I loved Hollywood Studios and we spent several days returning to this park. Of course, when you have the luxury of 9 days...you can leisurely hop between parks. I think the boys enjoyed the busrides and monorail as much as some the attractions. All of the parks were unique and spectacular. We were thrilled every time we turned around. Here are some of our favorites:
Ryan: Test Track and Space Mountain
Jim: Mt. Everest and Space Mountain
Carol: Soaring and Toy Story and Muppets 3D
Tyler: "Doofy" and Dumbo and the Playgrounds
There were a couple of low-lights for me that I won't dwell on but I will tell you that Jim's Everest ride put me out of commission and introduced me to the world or projectile vomiting:( Sorry for the graphic. The second low was losing my camera that is still unrecovered at the Buzz Lightyear ride. I was so heartbroken that the family went straight to a Kodak store first thing the next morning and bought a new camera which salvaged some great memories and is a pretty sweet little camera. The only last downfall was having to come home to a half a foot of snow and having Jim shovel the driveway before we could carry the boys into bed at midnight. (I ended up calling into work for the rest of the week too...that was definately a highlight.)
More to tell...keep watching.
Oh...we started another weight loss challenge. I put back on 4lbs. -181 lbs. during our vacation as we ate like princes and princesses:) Now it's carrot sticks and cucumbers and a snitch of Tyler's leftover ice cream. Wish me luck.

No comments: