Tuesday, February 20, 2007

15-Week Check-Up

Yesterday, I had my 15 Week Pregnancy Check-up. Doc says everything is fine. It is the second time I have heard my baby's heartbeat and I swear I missed a few beats of my own just sitting in awe of the miracle. I keep scolding myself because I haven't recorded every step of this pregnancy as I did with Ryan. You think you will remember everything, but you don't. We'll get to see an ultrasound of our baby on March 22. Until then, I will rely on the web to see the baby's developmental stage.



At 15 weeks, almost all of the organ systems (heart, blood vessels, kidneys, etc.) are present in their basic form even though the body is quite small--about the size of your thumb. The 15 week fetus is approximately 9 cm (3.5 inches) from the top of its head to the tip of its "tail bone." Its head is about 3 cm from temple to temple or 1.5 to 2 times the size of your thumbnail (about the size of a quarter). The face proper would be about thumbnail size. The arm from shoulder to hand is about 5 cm or 2 inches in length and the hand is about 1 cm or half the size of a dime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol & Jim....How great I can see the little darling. We await more updates & the arrival....Ryan's going to be a big brother....Love to you all. Thanks for sharing the pic of baby.

Anonymous said...

Do enjoy every minute, This is an incredible time for you! Take care and get some sleep :)