Monday, June 8, 2009

Carp Carnival





There's not much that my family loves more than a carnival. Ryan has been hooked from day one and it looks like our TyTy may just be a junkie too! The first few moments were frightening. Tyler wouldn't even stand in line for tickets without screaming out and squirming out of my arms. (Beware of low riding cigararettes that are just the right height for burned faces.) But after Daddy paid for some tickets and we waited in line...all was right with the world. Ryan got a wristband and could ride all of the rides he wanted. After Tyler and mom and grandma got their fill, they went for a ride to settle little guy down and rest their legs while Ryan and Daddy played. We picked them up about 45 minutes later after we enjoyed a $.99 bargain Sundae at McDs. Of course, when Ryan and Daddy saw the packages and the syruppy faces we had to stop again. What a great evening. We truly enjoyed the night!
I'm back to work today. So far, so good. Can't even think about missing the boys or my page will get wet:) I always thought it would be great to be a stay at home mom but I was always held back by a little fear that I wouldn't measure up to the kind of mom I want to be. It was such a wonderful experience I will be making plans to do this full time and in that sense, this layoff was a real blessing. Now, I just have to get my checkbook in order:) Pray for me or wish me luck!

1 comment:

GRANDMA ELL said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AT CARP CARNIVAL. CUTE PIC'S OF THE KIDS...LOVE YA ALL