Monday, January 25, 2010

Did you miss me?

I've had no time for blogging lately and have spent very little time on the computer. Life is happening.

My mom has had a series of diabetic lows that are very dangerous and scary for all of us. I'm so thankful for good friends, prayers, and the talents that God gives to EMTs who are so dependable and quick to respond. I'm so sad that my mom has to suffer through illness but I am much more glad for every day that I get with her.

Ryan always looks forward to sleepovers with Granna. We often invite her to spend Friday evenings with us which Ryan refers to as "very special treats." He always asks early in the week if Grandma can have a sleepover. I know her feelings get hurt whenever she is talking to the boys and she feels ignored when they don't respond...but they adore her and I try to remind her that they are 5 and 2 and ignore everyone. Tyler jumps at the opportunity to sit by Granna on the couch or on her lap in front of some computer games. He even got her to play Mario Kart until way past bedtime the other night. Smiles.

Tyler had his first real tantrum last night. Both boys decided to be uncooperative last night and after several warnings....I put away our puzzles in progress and sent them to bed. Ryan cried and thankfully snapped out of it while watching a movie in bed. TyTy couldn't shake the grumpies though and I put him straight to bed in his crib. He wailed for about 5 minutes (which felt like 2 hours) and finally called my name for hugs. I let him lay on his mattress in my room and he was asleep within 10 minutes. I could still hear him sniffling 20 minutes later.

He woke up in a pretty decent mood but didn't want to make the 5 a.m. trek to the truck. I had to strap him in kicking and screaming. He's getting a mind of his own! Usually I can talk him into anything by reminding him that there will be no games if there is no cooperation. He usually concedes. Let's hope this doesn't carry over to our Disney trip.

Speaking of Disney...woo hoo! We are so excited for the adventure. I haven't really picked up the camera since New Year's but I'm looking forward to some really cute vacation shots to share.

Jim and I have been doing very good at our exercise routine and starvation diets:) We've had some success and the weigh in is this weekend. I'll let you know whose the victor!

No comments: