Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Days off of School and Playdate

School was cancelled two days in a row due to water issues in the Village of Addison.  We enjoyed the days staying in our pajamas and catching up on some game playing. 

The boys were excited to finally get back to school and spend time with friends...uh, I mean...enjoy their great learning experiences.  I had a great time too.  I had the chance to sub in Mrs. Bloom's class and enjoyed the first grade company.  However, things went a little crazy at the end of class when we exited the door to the playground and several kids slipped into mud bath.  They were covered from head to toe in mud!  I begged them to appologize to mom's and dad's.  Sorry!
 
The kids were also eager to go to school b/c Santa's Secret Shop took place today.  I sent my kiddos with a five dollar bill and hit pannick mode when I discovered that the first grade students were bringing in 20's and even a $60 check.  Wowza!  Boy was I relieved when my boys reported they were able to get everything they needed with the $5.
 
Ryan had the chance to go to Dylan's after school so Tyler and I decided to pick up Jack for a playdate at home.  The kiddos played some skylanders and then ventured downstairs to play with the train. 

We really enjoyed Jack's company and had fun introducing his momma to our easy-peasy pierogi dinner that night.  Yumm-o!

The next night, I had to work...
The boys had a fun time at the game with Daddy and were really proud to watch our neighbor Luke in action.  Here they stand at the top of the bleachers.  Cool!

No comments: