Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We've had a 'lil luck. (But Don't Cross Both Fingers)


Still haven't had a chance to upload pictures. But didn't want my fans to give up on me;) Sometimes I shy away from the blog b/c I don't have something exciting and wonderful to tell. Have to keep reminding myself not to miss out on daily observations as they are most likely the most wonderful true memories.


Jim and I have had a string of very frustrating days. 'Fraid we have a couple of very stubborn boys. Still working on poopy training. One step forward, three steps back. Still working on sharing, caring, and getting along as a growing, changing, family. Saw some real sweetness out the brothers the last few days and I'm choked up thinking about it because Jim and I really thought Ryan was ready to trade us in for another family. I don't know what was happening with him...he was just refusing to have fun... and believe me, there were plenty of games, fun, and play going on.


I said I wanted to talk about the movie Fireproof. Though it is a movie based on marriage, there was a part of the movie where the husband was screaming at the wife and it really made me think about the hollering in our house (between Ryan and me) during a few rough patches with misbehavior. Usually, we try to be very rational and talk through the problems but I'm thinking of 1 incident inparticular when the frustration level had peaked and I screamed at Ryan like I never had before. Ironically, it was like and ahh haa moment for Ryan. He didn't act traumatized, he didn't cry emphatically, he soldiered on...but mommy carried it on silently questioning whether I was the worst mommy in the world, or not. (I know that I'm not...I've heard of a few worse ones:) I do know that I don't want that to become the norm at our house.


Okay, so long story short. We've had a couple of really good pooping sessions in the toilet. Yeah, Ryan. We've also witnessed Ryan soothing his brothers bumpy head from falling on the rocks, and I rejoiced when Ryan asked to sit next his brother on the couch this morning while they ate waffles and when it was time to go, Ryan turned to Tyler and said, "Can I sit next to you tomorrow morning too, Ty Ty?" I'm living in this moment today.

3 comments:

Jen Ladd said...

Hey Carol- I have had a few moments between Brendan and I that I wish I could change (ie yelling and him hitting and the high level of fustration etc) My roughest time was between 31/2 and 5 years with Brendan. It was hard and sometimes seemed impossible but stand your ground and stay consistant because things will change and it will get easier. I promise and if you need to vent I am only a phone call away.

Anonymous said...

Carol....You are a great mom & little boys are just harder than girls to deal with. You & Ryan will make it through the rough times as I said before hang in there, stand your ground & it will work. I too am a phone call away like Jen if you need to talk...Love you all

Ryan Rules the Summer said...

Thanks for your thoughtfulness and insight. I know I have alot of support and it helps.