Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Adult Adventure

Jim and I spent an evening together at Soaring Eagle this weekend. Grandma Vicki generously watched our boys so that we could enjoy some time together as a couple. It was very enjoyable. We had some fun gambling, eating a nice dinner, using the hot tub, and enjoying our King sized room. We even got to sleep in! It was so nice reconnecting with Jim and focusing on each other. Admittedly, there were quite a few quiet times...peaceful, not uncomfortable.

When we got home, Ryan told us he had alot of fun. "I wasn't even scared." He told us to go back and he would play more games with Grandma and Papa Ron. Tyler snuggled in my arms for about 30 minutes and smothered me with sweet kisses. Guiltily, I can admit that it was a much needed adventure and since we knew the boys were in good hands, we hardly looked back. But after we got home and I held the boys in my arms, I realized they were much missed:)

Ryan wants to go with us next time...he's all about planning an adventure. Good thing we've got a couple of tricks up our sleeve soon:()

No comments: