Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Missing School for Bible School


Ryan is spending the day with Granna to soak up some Vacation Bible School. Last night, while I was working and Jimmy was mowing Granna's grass the boys were playing inside and Granna invited Ryan to VBS. I never got a concrete answer from Ryan as to whether or not he wanted to go...but I sure did get the answer at 4:59 a.m. when I woke Ryan to get ready for school and he promptly announced he was going to church today with Granna. I ran around frantically to get us into the car and dropped off at Granna's. I'm really hoping he beahaves well:) It will be good that I won't be there for him to cling to my side. I'm hoping he makes a couple of friends so that he will start doing Sunday school instead of sitting in church with mom.

Tyler waved goodbye this morning and we headed for school. It was a good ride in...but when we arrived, he pointed at Ryan's chair and called out Ryan's name and refused to get out of the car. I had to take him inside kicking and screaming. Miss Char promised she would give him a special attention day:)

We had a very busy/fun weekend of golfing, happy birthdaying for Granna, zooing-it, bowling, footballing, and picnicing with family. Needless to say, we are all very tired and should have spent some more time resting. Oh well, maybe this weekend. Oops, probably not as we are heading to Michigan Adventure!

On Monday, I will be going back to a regular work week and I'm hoping the extra hours of sleep will put us all in a better frame of mind.

No comments: