Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Birthday Action



Still finding some good shots from the party. Monday, was Tyler's actual birthday and we surprised the boys with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. We ate pizza, had tons of pop, and played lots of games (for the bargain price of 30 bucks...can't beat that). Tyler really loved riding the race horse and dropping coins in the machines that he couldn't reach. He kept hitting the jackpot on some games of luck and we ended up with a pretty sweet soccer ball from the prize area.
Chuck even came out to the game area to see the kids and to shake hands with Tyler. Jim came to rescue after Tyler's screams saturated the 2-acre building. I pretended as if I didn't know the family:) I saw all the parents smiling at each other. Poor traumatized kid finally calmed down when I pointed to his cup which proudly featured the rat and explained that he is really a nice varment. Tyler still stayed clear and the next time Chuck went by he waved his hands in the air asking for peace and scampered for safety.

I can't wait to make a little crafty mini book of the celebrations!
On a more serious note, I got a call yesterday that a very good friend is suffering with a brain tumor and will undergo surgery soon. Her and her family are very much on my mind and I am praying for her speedy recovery.

1 comment:

GRANDMA ELL said...

MORE GREAT PIC'S OF THE BIRTHDAY PARTY. I THINK THEY ALL HAD A GREAT TIME....P.S. BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR FRIEND & HER FAMILY. HOPE ALL GOES WELL. LOVE YOU ALL.