Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Daily 15 Monday




Much better day today! My family does so much better with a little structure and a change of pace. The boys really love to go to Miss Char's house and to come home for fun with Mommy and Daddy. They really get the best of all worlds that way.

We had some fun play time with bowling pins (surprise, surprise) before the boys ran upstairs (alone) to play. Jim and I enjoyed a few minutes to talk while I cooked a yummy Hamburger Helper gourmet meal. I made it kinda healthy by adding some black beans to the mix :) C'mon folks...let's see how creative you get when you've been up and running since 4:00 a.m. and your babies are hungry as soon as you get home from an 11 hour day with drive time.

As per usual, dinner was followed up with bathies since TyTy is covered head to toe with the meal du jour. Tonight, Ryan decides that he wants a shower. Initially, I think he made this choice b/c he knows showers are fast and he wanted to challenge Daddy to a bowling match. Once he got in, however, he took the longest shower of his life enjoying the stream trickle down his face and stomping the run off to make it splash. Ryan is really good at washing his hair and lathering up. We're trying to help him become more self sufficient since I am still choosing clothes and dressing him in a hurry to help "my" morning go along efficiently during the week. On our days off, we are trying to encourage him to help himself. (This is a hard task since Ryan is very jealous of Tyler and wants to be held, fed, and sit on our laps like Ty does.)

Ryan came up to bed soon after I got Tyler down for the night. Daddy delivered Ryan, blanket, and Christmas Tree Cupcake before he left for o/t work. I hope he enjoys the crumbs in bed!!

No comments: