Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Daily 8

Monday, Monday. So hard to get up at 4:00 a.m., especially after a 4-day-weekend! Ryan fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:30 p.m. I carried him up to bed around 8:00 so he got plenty of sleep and was a cooperative little boy in the morning. Both boys are incredibly good in the mornings and we are on a tight schedule.

One of the things I am liking most about December is the Christmas music. The music is especially magical this year because Ryan is really interested in hearing, learning, and singing the songs. Of course he loves Rudolph and Jingle Bells, but it is especially impressive that he is asking for the "Jesus on the mountain" song. (Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere. Go tell it on the mountain. Jesus Christ is born!) He loves talking about Jesus. Even Tyler is starting to babble some of the tunes. So cute.

If you are looking for a good Christmas CD, I was given a CD by the artist Jewel a few years ago and I am still loving it. My other favorite is by Josh Grobin.

Ryan has picked up the habit of using the word hate an awful lot. I always tell him that Jesus wants us to love everyone. "Even monsters?" he asks. "Especially monsters," I say. It is a lesson I am trying to embrace myself.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: