Friday, December 11, 2009

December 10th

We slept in until 7:30 a.m. The plan was to get the kids to daycare by 9:00 a.m. and then off to shopping in Toledo with my friend Michelle. It was bitter cold, nearly 7 below wind chill. Our driveway was a mess and even though I tried to scrape a path and salt, we had a couple of mishaps that had me fighting back tears. My mom had on some flats that were tracking well and she slipped down. When we got her back on her feet, she took another step and tumbled again. Luckily she could hold her own for more of a slow slip fall but it was windy and was hard to get up. At the same time, poor Tyler fell in the snow and he didn't have on gloves. He cried and I was torn. Do I help my mom off the ground or my 2-year old? I got mom to safety and went back for sweetie Ty whose hands were red as Rudolph's nose. We were all frozen and Ty just couldn't shake his fear. He cried for about 15 minutes straight...a rarity. We made it through, but it was rough morning. Luckily, no one was really hurt.

I spent the morning shopping and then went to see New Moon. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. And a 1/2 bag of the best popcorn ever! Can I say woot woot for the Adrian Cinema? Awesome seats too. Good company. Lots of fun.

Worked the evening at the Village meeting and came home to snuggle with the boys. Jim still isn't up to par.

No comments: